Friday, May 24, 2013

a ridiculous amount of shopping...

I wish that I could say that we dedicated ourselves to more cultural pursuits on our last day in Indy, but that is not the case.  We had to sleep in a little, rest after breakfast, and then get some shopping in.  There was a particular liqueur that Dave was trying to find where the rest of us had to buy things that looked appealing in the same store.  There was half price book stores to be hit where John pulled a drive by that most likely made the stores call their warehouses for reinforcements.  And there was some clothes shopping for summer that Rachel and I had to complete while the boys went and drove go karts for a 3 hour span unlimited.  I can't understate the amount of attention the karts received at the karting place, at the hotel, on the drive home...I mean look how excited John looks to have taken off a piece of his knuckle.
 There’s a taste of the karting in the video and they are all very serious about it.  We ordered in food for the night and had another late night with John sweet talking the staff in the hotel to let the guys into the hot tub after hours because they were sore.  I’m not sure how he got this done, since when he went down to get menus the night before, he broke a light bulb that needed changing in the lobby.  Of course, the trail of destruction was complete the next day as we are about to leave, Eric stretches and knocks over a bottle that shatters all over the kitchen area right before we check out.  I’m fairly certain that this hotel was glad to see the back of us. 
  I wanted to have a Top Gear style challenge on the way home since we had two drivers and decided to go with a gas challenge.  Now, this was probably stupid since I had more weight in my car (due to the books that John bought), Paul’s car is a diesel, and a manual with someone who really knows how to drive.  But I was willing to give it a try.  By the time that we got home, Paul still had more fuel showing on his fuel gauge, but I kept pushing the limits after we returned and got 545 miles out of my car on one tank.  Which I think is awesome, even if I still lose the challenge…

No comments:

Post a Comment