Saturday, June 8, 2013

Ohio Turnpike

 

 
We did finally leave Toledo after the museum kicked us out for closing time and I will continue with beautiful pictures from there for the next part of our blog that thankfully does not have any accompanying pictures.  Which leads me to a rant:  The Ohio Turnpike.  Need I say more?   Well, I will.  I’m not sure how the Eisenhower Interstate system works, but how do some states get to cordon off parts of it and charge people for driving on it?   Beyond that though, if I’m going
 
 
 to pay $12 to drive 200 miles on your road and get limited to little toll plazas with outrageous prices because I’m captive on your turnpike, the least that you can do is make it so that all the lanes are open and I can go the speed limit!!!! But, no, the entire 200 miles had maybe a 50 mile stretch that was not under construction and we were limited to only 50 miles per hour for the
majority of this trip.   I know that Michigan most likely puts something in the water to breed a hatred of all things Ohio and I’ve been drinking that water for 7 years, because I didn’t use to feel anything for Ohio.   I find it very easy to cry foul about

everything they do now though.  We knew better than to go this way, but we did it anyway, but never again!! (unless it seems like the shortest distance between a place we are and a place we want to go and amnesia about the previous experiences on it has set in).

No comments:

Post a Comment