Sunday, August 28, 2022

South Bimini Island Life

  I have to admit that I cultivated complete relaxation on this trip.

I didn’t do any work, I didn’t see any clients, my phone was on airplane mode since leaving Fort Lauderdale and I didn’t even blog while we were there.  I just did nothing.  Besides continue to cook, clean, parent, shop etc that goes along with traveling and everyday life.  So, I remember things that happened as I go.  Like the fact that we did get to complete the nature walk, but didn’t see any cool new animals or anything, but did get to see
giant termite mounds.  I thought those were cool.  We also went through my entire stock of benadryl which is substantial because I’m allergic to the sun.  But I didn’t have my usual allergy to the sun, Ethan had bad reactions to mosquitoes and Julie got eaten up by sandfleas or midges or whatever they call them here.  And my lips got swollen one night and I noticed it when I woke up and thought that I had sunburned them.  But the following night, they
swole up again and I started to worry that I was having an allergic reaction to something. It was probably pure panic that made it feel like my throat was closing too, but the third night it was worse and my tongue was thick too.  But I wasn’t eating the same things during the day and there was nothing else on my body responding to an allergic reaction.  I dosed up on some serious benadryl and didn’t even take my blood pressure medication one night to make sure that wasn’t doing it.  It wasn’t and it didn’t come back after those 3 nights, but I didn’t sleep well those nights.  Also, Oscar started

  sleeping in our room with us because he said the older kids were too loud and moved around too much….REALLY?  We also went to bed on the average at about 8 pm at night because we were wiped out from all the sun that we were getting.  We daydreamed about buying a boat and living on the sea, not going back to Michigan where it was 20 degrees and snowing while we were sitting in paradise.  We did diamond painting keychains and stickers with the kids and taught them how to play spades.  We sat on the balcony a ton and just absorbed the island life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment